Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name....


We all know NYC is my favorite city...it's my heart. So any excuse I can have to go down I take. But you add NYC and Charity--and I am there faster then you can say the boarding gate number. For any of you who do not know, one of our top charities is Gabrielle Angels Foundation--Formally known as the G&P Foundation.

It was an official name change party, with hopes to gain attention to the cause, from the sexy celebs to the a-list media who were in attendance. Even though the food was FABULOUS and the evening was something not to be missed, we always have to remember it's one thing to party --it is another to go to a beautifully orchestrated charity event. Throughout the course of the evening we raised $1.5 million dollars to help fund the fight against cancer--but not just fight it... cure it.

The evening was Gorgeous-- as I had the chance to spend time with Alan Cummings, who was telling me all about his new campaign to fight HIV/AIDS and bring attention to safe sex. Not ignorance. I cannot wait for it to come out and when it does, you know you will be the first to see it! From there he jetted out the door to Rome for the evening ( see why I love him?)

The floor was opened by a moving speech by Fergie, the Dutchess of York and closed with a motivational speech from Cancer SURVIVOR, Evan Handler--these events sometimes are not done that well.... BUT Gabrielle Angels Foundation, always delivers an amazing evening.

Never to be outdone the music heavy weights came out in force, Patti Labelle sang a rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that left the room speechless. I will post the video later. And just before we began to groove I found myself chatting with Akon (ummm hello?!?) , Ashanti, Clive Owen, and Chrisitna Milian--who loved the fact I work out to some of her tunes.

I am a proud supporter of this organization, as cancer is a battle affected by everyone, and we here at EG are determined to see it cured in out lifetime!
Want more information on Gabrielle Angels Foundation? http://www.gabriellesangels.org/

No comments: