Thursday, April 19, 2012

Interview With Makeup Artist Alexa Chan!

Check out our exclusive interview with makeup artist Alexa Chan!






TG: What makes you love the beauty industry?


AC: Beauty just makes me happy.  I love it because it is creative, colourful and always changing with every year, every season and every trend.  That is why I decided to make the career switch.  I was in writing but now I just finished beauty school and I am starting to build up my client base.


TG: What are the most common beauty mistakes that you think people make?


AC: Wearing too much makeup. As much as it is great when people glam themselves up, I truly feel that less is more and that in some cases, makeup can age you. Also, I notice some clients use certain colour shades of makeup that do not work with their skin tone. The trick is to test everything out before purchasing, making sure it does not wash you out and that it compliments your skin tone, plus your eye and hair colour. If is compliments it, it will appear more put together.


TG: Do you have any special signature tips or beauty secrets that set you apart?


AC: Put powder on your eyelashes before applying mascara. It not only thickens up your lashes, but it will help your mascara stay in place and last longer.


TG: When you are out on the town, what beauty products are staples in your purse?


AC: A long-lasting lipstick, shiny gloss, concealer (especially when I have the odd blemish), mascara and eyeliner pencil for both liner touch-ups and occasionally eye shadow ramping up.


TG: Who is your dream client that you would love to work with?


AC: Definitely Janet Jackson. She has such stunning eyes, so it would be amazing to accentuate the colour and shape. Every time she is made up, she has a different look about her. Her skin always looks clear and fresh and the tone of her complexion is that creamy mocha colour – a dream colour for vibrant bright shades.


TG: Describe the most daring look you have created on a client or yourself.


AC: I went as an 80s rocker one year for Halloween, so I decided to go all out with the makeup. I did neon coloured eye shadows with blue eyeliner, pink blush, pink/orange shade of lipstick and I drew lightning bolts on my cheeks like some of the female rockers did back in the 80s. Also, glitter was a HUGE part of this look – I definitely resembled Cyndi Lauper that night, in an Asian way of course. I am just starting out in makeup work, so check back with me soon. I am sure I will have more stories.

2 comments:

adalvertooakes said...

The Mens Titanium Wedding Rings | Shapeways
Buy Mens Titanium Wedding Rings at the world's largest online Shapeways marketplace. Enjoy unique 2021 ford escape titanium hybrid pieces titanium block from titanium stud earrings fashion, jewelry and raft titanium fashion titanium trim walmart for men and

Unknown said...

u042t2edrpb490 sex doll,male masturbator,male sex toys,horse dildo,love dolls,dog dildos,strap on vibrator,sex chair,dog dildo k856x3brumw648